This is a continuation of the XilVGA project - where it's becoming the dashboard for my Aeon GT3.
I did a rough layout plan for the dashboard gauges based on what I was expecting to use. The gauges are as follows:
- Speed (measured)
- Revs (ECU CANBus)
- Fuel level (measured)
- Water temperature (measured or ECU CANBus)
- Oil temperature (measured)
- Oil pressure (measured)
- Boost (ECU CANBus)
- Inlet temperature (ECU CANBus)
- Fuel pressure (ECU CANBus)
- Battery voltage (measured or ECU CANBus)
Some of them can be taken either from the ECU (which I'm luckily using one with a CANBus interface), or measured using the existing senders I've got for the DigiDash unit.
Anyway, here's what the XilVGA is plotting:
Unfortunately, the camera doesn't really like the contrast, so is getting a lot of the reflection off the screen. It also can't seem to auto-focus either.
Other things that will be displayed are:
- Brake fluid warning
- Indicators (these may need to be replicated by LEDs)
- Fog light warning
- Side/dip light
- Main beam warning
- Current MP3 track (I want to give it an MP3 playing capability)
Date last modified: 2019-10-20 16:24:39